Mung Bean Popsicle Recipe
It’s the perfect time of year for mung beans, so we’ve made popsicles! ☀️🧊
Our mung bean popsicle recipe is great for those humid summer days that bring on symptoms such as sweating, dull headache, mental fatigue, inability to focus, slight dizziness, low energy, loss of appetite, or nausea.
- 3/4 c. dried mung beans
- 4 c. water
- 1/4 c. coconut water
- 1 Tb corn starch
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- Rinse mung beans with water, then soak with 4 cups of water for 2 hours
- Add sugar to the pot, bring to boil, then simmer for 30 minutes w/ lid on
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and coconut water
- When beans are done cooking, turn off heat and add coconut water mixture and stir
- Remove 1/2 cup of beans and set aside
- Allow bean mixture to cool completely and one cool, blend.
- Add to popsicle mold and freeze for 6 hours
- When ready to enjoy, run warm water over mold for 10 seconds. to help loosen popsicles and remove frost.
*makes about 12 small popsicles