Goji Berry Bread Recipe
Today we added goji berries to our bread! 🍞
Traditional herbalist prepared goji berries to support the health of the kidneys and lungs, to benefit the health of the eyes, and improve vision. For these purposes, the berries are often combined with goji root bark, rehmannia root, and chrysanthemum flowers.
- 3 c unbleached flour
- 1/4 c whole wheat flour
- 1 packet fast-acting yeast
- 1 1/2 c warm water
- 1/2 TB salt
- 1/3 c goji berries
- 1/3 c sunflower seeds
- 1/4 c almonds
- Combine warm water, yeast, salt and flour in a large mixing bowl and stir w/ spoon until combined.
- Lightly grease a bowl w/ olive oil, place in dough, cover, and let rise in the refrigerator for two hours.
- Transfer dough to a floured work surface and knead a few times.
- Add goji berries, sunflower seeds, and almonds at center of the bread. Fold dough over berries, nuts and seeds, and knead until just combined.
- Place on parchment-lined baking stone or pan.
- Sift flour lightly over top and let rest 45min to an hour.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F while the dough rests.
- Slash top of bread 2 with a knife when ready to bake.
- Bake the bread for 25 to 35 minutes, or until deep, golden brown.
- Remove the bread from the oven and cool on a rack.